We'll meet again, Herbie

From Jack to Herbie:

I'm sorry to hear that you left us for heaven last night. But then, I am glad that you didn't have prolonged suffering.

True to your considerate and good nature - you decided to leave when your M and MM were asleep, probably to lessen their pain and to have your M make the difficult decision whether or not to put you to sleep. And true to your loving nature, you chose to pass away right outside your M and MM's bedroom door.

Do you know that my HC dreamt of you last night? Because you had been rejecting food for the last 2 days, she dreamt that she blended some liquid food, and you ate it all up. And HC dreamt that she was happily telling your M, "Herbie ate two cups of liquid food!" I guess maybe it's your way of telling your M that you are no longer suffering and is eating well again.

You sure are a lucky dog as you're deeply loved by everyone (humans and dogs alike). I know of some owners who'll put their pets to sleep over a slight ailment, but your M and MM were willing to go to great length to ensure your well-being.

I know alot of people said I am a unfriendly dog. But you know something? Whenever you guys came to the regular park and I barked at you loudly through the gate? Well, that's my way of saying "Hi, pal!". You'll definitely won't hear me barking at strange dogs whenever they stepped into our park.


So, I hope to be able to bark at you again someday over the rainbow. In the meantime, keep the best seats for us, ya? And remember to leave me some of those sumptous food that you're having.


This is my HC's favourite picture of you. She prefers to remember you this way :














I am writing instead of Joey because Joey and Helios are similar - they are both oblivious to such stuff. Just this morning, Helios saw HC and happily presented her with a toy! HC doesn't know if she should cry or laugh.

Jack

6 comments:

billiejean said...

Hi,
I have been reading about Herbie's blog.. so sad....

Billie Jean

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

I miss Herbie too....

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Jack,
That's such a nice post abt Herbie... It made mom's eyes watery again.In a way, I think it is blessing that Helios is oblivious to Herbie's passing..or else it'd be tough trying to explain to him where his sweet-natured big brother went to. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Yeah... Herbie is really a very special dog. I am someone who merely knew him through his blog and all. And I feel that pain.

When he was ill and the vet was pessimistic about his condition, I was still hoping that the vet was being, well, extremely gray to give a sad picture first before curing him and in turn give the clinic a reputation for making extremely sick dogs well again.

Perhaps Helios thought that Herbie is merely away for a while and would be back soon. Being the protective and concerned big brother Herbie is.

I would certainly miss him.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That's a sweet tribute to Herbie.
I'll miss him

~ Girl girl

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Was surfing around the DWB and came across your site.

So sorry to hear that you've lost a friend. But we'll all meet up one day in the great pastures above and rest assured, Herbie will meet his owner at the Rainbow Bridge.

Sniffs & Licks,
Snoopy