Great News

I have great news to share - I do not have Cushing disease!

The vet called and shared the good news with HC. However, this mean that she doesn't have the answer to my skin problem. She suggested that perhaps I could go for a skin biopsy and/or a skin patch test.

HC said that my skin has improved tremendously.. and for the moment - she doesn't think I should go for any tests as Jack had done a skin biopsy years ago and the result was non-conclusive. In addition, the skin patch test is only available at a clinic that HC doesn't have a good impression of, and thus she is not keen to let me go there. Which to me.. is GREAT NEWS. No more needles!!

In fact, HC suspected that the calcinosis cuties (calcium-like deposits) on my belly area was caused by the prolonged use of steriod cream which had helped with my grass allergies, which then created 'artificial cushing's' . She had stopped using the steriod cream after the initial failed blood test 6 weeks ago, and perhaps my body has time to dispose of these steriods.

So, it may be a blessing in disguise that the first blood test failed, otherwise, I may be wrongly diagnosed and had to take lifelong medication??

Anyways... I am happy. And the calcinosis cuties on my belly seem to have lessen alot!
.
.
.

Remember I posted the pic of a petedge box in my previous posts?

Well, HC distributed the items accordingly and packed them secretly in her office into several big red plastic bag - hoping I wouldn't know these are toys for dogs!

I am not stupid, ok.

HC walked away for a while - I tore opened the plastic bag and managed to take out half of a toy before she came back and reprimanded me.

(HC : I don't know how Joey knew the bag is filled with dog toys? He doesn't have the habit of tearing up plastic bags at home, and I am amused by the sight of this. A friend said that these toys must have a 'PETEDGE - DOG TOYS' scent on them. I also hereby apologise to HERSHEY as the gecko belongs to him..haha)



HC decided that Jack and I deserved to enjoy a new toy each.






see how I tried to bite off the gecko's head? heehee

3 comments:

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
FYI, Hershey mutilated the orange gecko already.. it is now tail-less and legless.. mom had to perform emergency surgery on it so now it looks like a deformed gecko!! I didn't know that you like the gecko too!!
Great news about the vet report...

billiejean said...

Joey, clever boy for sniffing out where the toys are! Good news for "No Chushing's". You need to wear a doggy shirt to cover your chest when playing in the grass..

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the article. Thank author for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.