Sad News

A few days' ago, I posted that there was some bad news...

Remember my canine neighbour -Sparker who died from a suspected snake bite? Well, early last Saturday morning at about 2.45a.m, HC was woken up by flashing lights. She looked down and saw an ambulance outside Sparker's owners unit. After a long while, the ambulance left without picking anyone, and HC thought the owner must be well enough not to go to the hospital. However, about 1.5 hours later, HC was again woken up by the slamming of a vehicle door. She looked down, and to her horrors, she saw a black/dark blue police truck! She remembered someone told her that this type of vehicle picks up dead bodies. However, she didn't get to see what was inside the vehicle as it was already on the way out.

The next few days, she didn't see the elderly couple (Sparker's owners), and was worried. On the fourth day, she saw the obituary notice of the wife! She was saddened by the news and sent the husband a wreath from all of us (HC, Jack and I).

Mrs. Charles' (that's her name) death was so sudden. Just a few days prior to that, HC brought me to play ball at the empty ground near their unit. Mrs. Charles loved dogs, came out to watch me play.

(I have a weird habit when I play ball there. I will retrieve the ball non-stop for 10-15 mins. Once I am tired, I will carry the ball in my mouth and walk up the stairs to go back home, having HC and Jack still standing there. HC tried to call me back to continue to play, but I just walk up without turning back and look at her.)

When Mrs. Charles saw me doing that again, she was laughing and kept saying "So Clever! So Clever!". She has this loud booming voice and I think the entire estate heard her! (Of course HC was secretly pleased :))

Now we are worried about Mr. Charles. We wonder whether he can take it as they are a very loving couple. HC saw them many a times hanging out laundry, chatting over a meal. And when Mr. Charles returns home from work, he would say, "Dear, I'm back!" ... so loving...

Rest in peace, Mrs. Charles. I am sure you will be in heaven surrounded by your cats and dogs (who had passed away many years ago).

2 comments:

Fu Fu said...

Oh no.. That's so sad..
I feel so sorry for Mr Charles.

~ fufu

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
This is terrible new.. yes I remember reading abt Sparker. It is indeed a shock, esp since you guys have seen her only a few days ago!
*R.I.P Mrs Charles.. Hope u have reunited with Sparker*