It's my 6th birthday...

and Tommy's 5th!

Well, my birthday was 2 days before Tommy's and the humans have always celebrated our birthdays together. They claimed it is more fun this way, but I bet it's because they wanted to save costs by having us SHARE a cake :(

CELEBRATION - DAY 1 (4th August 2007)
On the eve of my birthday (4th August), HC went to a dog bakery and bought some cookies for the goody bags for our friends. She saw a nice pink (pink!!)cake, and decided to get it for us.

HC said it is safer to get Tommy to pose with the cake first cos I might ate the cake up while posing.

A serious looking Tommy celebrating his 5th birthday.

The handsome birthday boys
Since it was an impromptu early celebration, Herbie and Helios couldn't join our group picture.

Since I am the older birthday boy, I get to have the first bite. Sorry, I was trying to stuff myself with as much cake as possible that HC couldn't get a good shot. But can you see how much I have eaten? (HC : Joey ate about 1/4 of the cake within seconds... yes.. he is amazing in a greedy way!)

Then it was Tommy's turn to have a go at the cake. Silly Tommy was so unsure that the humans have to keep 'persuading' him to eat it.

CELEBRATION DAY 2 - 5th August 2007
On my actual birthday, the humans decided to bring us to our (Tommy and mine) favorite place - the beach!
After much swimming and retrieving, we are presented with a cake (with compliments from Auntie V).
The green on the cake represented 'grass', and quail eggs - 'balls'!
As per previous reason, Tommy posed with the cake first.
Then it was my turn.

And without fail, I started to eat the cake without waiting for it to be cut.

After the 2 days of celebration, I finally get to open my presents.
Of course I had to take a picture with my presents.

The next day, a nice card was delivered to my home. It was from Girl Girl!



Thank you for all the presents and cards!

5 comments:

Joe Stains said...

omdog those cakes look sooo good. I don't think I would have the manners to wait for it to be cut either!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh you got 2 cakes. And both look yummy. You sure have a nice birthday celebration. :)

~ Girl girl

Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey.
Glad you have big celebrations for your birthday!
I am drooling seeing you eating those cakes! You are very lucky.
Nice presents from Girl Girl. She is so sweet!
Take care
Lorenza

Ume said...

HAPPEE BELATED BARKDAY, JOEY!!!
i would definitely chomp on the cakes the very moment i get close enough!

ChaChi Lu said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had some Pink Champagne!

~ChaChi Lu Pink Champagne