Lean on me

Jack and I have a funny relationship.

Sometimes, we are the best of pals and play tug. ALOT of times, I will irritate Jack by biting his face when he goes too near to HC (HC :yes.. Joey is very prone to jealousy attack! And Jack, even though he is a terror with other dogs - surprisingly gives way to Joey and ends up 'screaming' in pain).

Jack and I are not exactly close to each other - we are closer to HC. (HC : I know of same-household dogs that grew so close that they form their own pack without regarding their owner as the leader, and that's not what I would like to see in MY house)
We have our own beds, and don't like to sleep too close to each other.But there are times, when it is good to have another dog in the house....

... cos you can lean on him in times of crisis!















I cannot remember what I did, but apparently HC was using her stern, low voice and talking away in a language that I do not understand.

Can you see my leaning more and more on Jack until my head is below him?
































I wonder what do other one-dog household do when you need somedog to lean on?

(HC : It is very rare to see both of them huddled together. The only other time I remembered was when we first moved to a new apartment and they were so nervous that they slept huddled. It melts my heart whenever I remember that scene.)

3 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

It's nice that you have each other to lean on. When I get scared.. I... I... I lean on my stuffie hammie

~ Girl girl

Joe Stains said...

that is how it is at our house too. I don't like being near the doofus but if there is a blanket between so that we are not touching I like to be next to him to get warm!

billiejean said...

Hi Joey,

Cookie, my best buddy, and I are very close. We always huddle together when the weather gets cold in December!

Billie Jean