Domestic Fights

I have heard alot of humans said that I got good temperament. But I realised that they usually say.. 'oh.. Joey got a good temperament, for a JRT'. Initially I don't understand, but as time goes by, indeed I saw alot of JRTs barking their heads off in public, initating fights and so on. I even read that JRTs think they are a big dog.
For me, I don't quite care about picking fights with other dogs, neither do I bark for no reason in public. So, I guess that is why some people think I have good temperament. However, I doubt HC will agree today.
Here's what happened, HC gave us kangaroo treats hidden in towels before she leaves for work. As I am more intelligent (hiak hiak hiak) than Jack, my towel were tied in two tight knots. Jack's was only tied once, and LOOSELY as well.
HC went out, and we were greedily trying to untie the knots. Within 1 minute, I managed to untie both knots and gobbled up the treats. Than, I turned my attention to Jack and realised he is still struggling with his knots.. (how stupid can he be!). From experience, a little barking from me will allow me to successful snatch the treats from him. But today, he refused, and we started to fight. We stopped for a min, and fought again. Within a few mins, I saw HC came back, and I happily ran to greet her, than turned my attention back to Jack and we fought again. I thought HC will come and help me, but instead, she slapped my muzzle, and scolded me. Than she called Jack to her, and Jack very 'manja-ly' (if that's such a word).. walked to her with the stupid treats still in the mouth. She than carried Jack to a private corner to let him eat. As she walked out to go to work, she turned back and slapped me again for fighting.
(HC: Usually, I could hear Joey bullying Jack from downstairs, and it usually last for a few seconds as I knew that Jack will give in. But today's fight was longer and louder than usual, and i had to go up and discipline the greedy Joey. He is forever bullying Jack when it comes to food and toys)


Jack always gave the manja look in front of HC. Here's a shot of him that Auntie S took when he was looking up at HC adoringly. Humph...act cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joey... It is not a good idea to bully Jack, you know. He is away smarter than you to get HC's attention for his experience... If you keep bullying him, I am sorry to say but you will lost your mum one day....

R with a good temperament.