Animal Kingdom

Where I lived, there are many different kind of animals.

Snakes
I have heard sightings of snakes around our estate. Once, the cleaner saw two huge snakes (not sure if it is python cos HC refused to let me go to say hi). The police were called, and I heard 4-5 gunshots. I think the policemen need to improve his aiming skills, what a waste of bullets.
Since the incident, HC is very careful when she lets me go offleash to play ball. If I ventured further to the 'forest', she will call me back.

Roosters & family
There used to be an entire clan of roosters, mother hens and little chicks. HC complained that the mother hens seems to be giving birth very often as there were always tiny chicks every few months. The clan were very lucky cos they are not cooped up the entire day. I heard free range chickens are tasty.....mmmmm.....

HC keeps complaining about them cos
1. some neigbours throw rice, biscuits, bread all over the floor to feed them
2. Bird Flu (after all, the government did say that birds are supposed to be cooped up)
3. Stupid chickens keep jumping up on cars and motorbikes, and their claws scratch HC's then new car.
4. The Roosters keep crowing ALL day. I thought they are supposed to only crow at first sight of light? Are they stupid or what?

I liked the clan cos I loved chasing them. And when I am chasing, I give a low growl as if I wanna eat them. I specially loved to chase the fatter mother hen cos she will shriek and attempt to run /fly away.. heehehe (actually, i only love to chase, if I had really wanted to eat, I would have killed them long ago). However, one fine day, the Rooster cannot take it anymore and wanted to challenge me. Unfortunately, HC dragged me away. However, this particular Rooster still remembers me, and a few times, he actually ran to where I am and wanted to poke me with his sharp bead. I am very sure he is targetting me, cos he totally ignored Jack. HC panicked and quickly pulled us away.. and bloody rooster actually followed a good distance.

Anyway, the clan was almost wiped out recently cos there were a few complaints. Now, only two Roosters are left. Guess it is to stop them from breeding.
p.s. Realised that the roosters are not so stupid after all. Cos HC saw the two roosters waiting by one of the neighbour's door during feeding time. And when the lady comes out with a bowl of rice, they will start following her.

Cats
There are about 6-7 cats in the estate. They are quite alright except for one silly fat cat, who actually climbed up to our 3rd storey apartment and sat outside the door. Jack smelled her and was barking nonstop. He hates (and also scared of) cats. If the cat is right infront of him, he will actually shrieked hysterically. Alot of uncles and aunties have heard it, and they were amused that Jack is so scared of cats, and not of bigger dogs. However, if he thinks the cat is defenceless, he will try to bite it. That's what happened to Pepper, scuba's feline sibling, when Auntie S carried Pepper. Jack thought Pepper cannot defend himself, and actually jumped up and wanted to bite pepper's leg. Auntie S released Pepper and Jack ran away screaming ... hiak hiak hiak.. he deserved it!
oops.... side tracked too much ...
Anyway, I loved one of the cats here. She is very beautiful and elegant. A few times, she actually came out of her house when she heard me playing ball in the field. She will sit and just looked at me playing. Once, I decided to stop playing and go over to say hi. HC expected her to hiss and swipe her claws at me. But surprise, surprise, we actually said hi by putting our nose together. But of course, sometimes, the terrier blood in me will decide to chase her to the forest.

The sad news is that I have not seen her for a long while. The last time I saw, was her photo on a Lost Advertisement by the lamp post. I wonder if it was because I chased her to the forest and she got lost????

No comments: