Open House

This morning, HC drove me to Mandai Training Village. However, I am surprised to see so many new dogs and humans today. HC than told me that it is an 'Open House' for SCDF Volunteer Search & Rescue Dogs. Meaning, that SCDF is doing a recruitment drive for new volunteer dogs.

Not long after we stepped in, I was tied by the side with other dogs and the humans all left to see demo. I patiently sit and wait ... however, the humans only came back after an hour! Not only I had to endure the heat, but alot of new dogs were also barking non stop. I am having a migraine! I can't blame the new dogs as they are not familiar with this place.. and it is scary to be left alone. I tried to tell them it is useless to bark and to save their energy, but they didnt heed my advice.

And then I saw a familiar face - Alfie, another female JRT who frequents Bishan Dog Run. She is happy to see me and started lying belly up to 'seduce' me... but I am too tired and having a migraine to be interested.

After the demo, I saw the new dogs went for their test. I think they were tested on their play drive. Some are not able to show their play drive, perhaps, too distracted by new environment. HC told me that it is better to have dogs with HIGH play drive and focus, cos in a disastrous area, there will be alot of distractions.

I overhead the Captain telling the new dogs handlers that he will inform them of the result within a few days. Good Luck to all of them!

On the way home, HC received an 'emergency' call. Seems like Alfie's mummy ran out of petrol and the car stalled.. hehehe.. she must have used up all her petrol cos she got lost on the way to Mandai. HC than drove to a petrol kiosk to get petrol, than help Alfie's mummy to fill it up. I was relieved when everything is over, and HC drove me home. Quick... having a migraine .. I need to sleeeeppppp....

No comments: