Search & Rescue and A New Year Card

This is a belated post...

I had another search and rescue training last Saturday.

Here's me waiting patiently for the 'victims' to find good hiding places















Sigh... when can we start?
















Finally, me in action.

















Within a few seconds, I caught the familiar scent of a human and started barking to indicate to HC that I've found "it"!

















Once HC confirmed that there was indeed a human inside the locked door, she directed me to search for more victims (As we became more advanced, we have to search for 2-3 more victims before we get rewarded.)


OOOOO.. I think I caught another victim's scent!
















Hehehe... me grinning from ear to ear for doing another successful find!
















As if searching for 2 victims in a row was not enough, HC took me to the rumble area for more search. That day was scorching hot! Most times, HC was standing on the lower ground under the shade, and she was complaining how hot she was. Can you imagine me on top of the rumble in the scorching sun??? Also, it was fortunate that I had applied paw protector cream, otherwise, I would have developed blisters.


Can you see mini-me among the rumbles?
















Climbing up, climbing down, yhew.. I'm dying here!!!
















Found it!















Finally I was given my reward! I loved this reward to bits, I was only given this ball whenever I completed my search & rescue exercise. And each time, I only get to play with this ball for less than 10mins!
















oh.. for those dog who play/walk on rough surfaces, I highly recommend this paw protector.

















Just today, Jack and I received a Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day card from our favourite hams-terrier - Fu Fu! Thank you, that was so sweet of you!

4 comments:

Joe Stains said...

wow you are good at finding humans! I needed you over here this weekend to help me find which house in my neighborhood was grilling hamburgers!!

Fu Fu said...

Joey, you're so clever to find victims. It sure does look hot out there. I think I would have just fainted and end up being the victim.

Yeah, so glad that you & Jack got my cards. ;)

~ fufu

Joey said...

Hi Joe Stains, finding hamburgers is way easier as they smell much nicer than humans :)

Fu Fu, I am sure you can search too... but only problem is, can your Eil hear your 'bark' when you find the victim? hehehehe

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
You are my idol.. *clap clap clap*..