Dog Fights

Recently I have seen/heard/read about a few dog fights.

Case 1 : JRT & Mini Bull Terrier
Did not see what happened but according to those who have seen, JRT started first cos she thinks the MBT (also female) is going after her ball. End up, MBT got a few long shallow scratches on body and near annus (hehe). JRT got a few wounds on the head, esp near to the eyes as the MBT almost swallowed the JRT.

Case 2 : GR, GR, BC and puppy Lab
Wah... this one jialat.
When I went to the park the other day, I saw this owner with a BC and a GR(let's call him A). I knew from before that these two loves to play ball. HC also find the GR - A irritating as he always jump on her to take the balls. To avoid any confrontation, I was sent to the agility area to play ball.
Than, this other GR (let's call him B) came by. I also know him as he is very possessive towards ball too. And when I saw the female owner threw ball for him ... I knew there is a time bomb waiting to set off.
True enough, within 10 mins, there were some growling from GR-B towards GR-A and BC. Luckily the female owner hold the GR-B in time, and whacked him. The ball was then taken away. (My take - she didnt punish GR long enough).
Than, GR-A and BC left the park. A puppy Lab came in and was happily playing. In less than 10 mins, we heard some growling (from GR-B, I bet he is still agitated over earlier fight) and yelping (from Lab). GR-B had bitten the puppy lab. Poor puppy was yelling in pain and trauma for a full 5 mins even when Mrs. V and her owner are carrying her.
As they were pacifying her, I saw from far that the GR-B's owner had pushed her dog on a down position, and my dear friend - Jaffe continue to wanna play rough with GR. I saw GR's owner 1 hand holding the dog, the other hand pushing Jaffe away. I think she is worried that the GR might turn against Jaffe. This Jaffe, ah...really ignorant leh... what if he bites u???
Later, I heard from Mrs. VJ that the puppy was quite badly bitten on the nose and mouth. Owner than rushed the puppy to the vet. Poor guy looks so worried. Poor puppy too... traumatise at such a young age.

Side note:
We used to worry about dog fights as the dog might get warning/banned from SKC. But now, who cares, after all SKC no longer wanna managed the park. I don't exactly know what the issue is... but heard something about rats. Is it because there are a few smaller rats sightings at the shed? There must be a BIGGER rat instigating the smaller rats. I also heard that there should be an old cat lying somewhere but she is so comfortable eating Frisky kibbles that she no longer cares what the rats are up to. Maybe I should ask Scuba to bring his feline siblings down to eradicate the rats community.

Well, I dun know about cats or rats, I am just happy if I can find an open field for me to play balls. WHo cares abt the cat/rat politics?

My humble opinion on the fights
Possessiveness towards favourite toy is always a trigger for fights. That's why HC usually wants to confine me among 'friends' so that there are no bloodshed. This is especially crucial when I had a NEW ball. A few years ago, I was playing with a new ball, this other JRT came by and wanted to snatch away my ball. Of course, I wouldn't give it to him. We started some growling and shoving each other. HC ran towards us first (the other JRT's owner run very slow), and told me to stop. i listened to her, but alas, as I turned away from the fight, the stupid JRT grab hold of my leg and wouldnt let go for 5 mins. In the end, I had swollen legs and couldnt play for a week. HC was so guilty as she knows that if I hadn't listen to her, I probably won't be the one who got hurt. But then, I was also quite pleased as HC had pinched the JRT's neck and ear in an attempt to get him to let go of my leg. Knowing how hard her pinch is.. i am sure the JRT had suffered too .. hiak hiak hiak

Case 3 : Territorial Fights
Ok, I read this somewhere...
There is this guy-who-thinks-he-is-damn-macho, and owns two big dogs (who-he-thinks-are-macho). He likes to offleash his dogs at open fields. I know he is damn yaya cos he hangs around with this real old yaya man who has a pack of ticks (oh... i mean he owns a pack of dogs with ticks).
ANyway... back to this "macho" man. He was at this state land and offleash his dogs. On 2-3 occasions, he already knew there is a pack of strays living there, and according to his macho report, he said that his army of dogs will defend themselves against the strays. he also reported that when the strays saw him they will growl to give warning. But given his machoiness, he felt the need to walk nearer to the strays with his off-leashed macho dogs to show that he is far more superior than the strays. In his mind, all strays are to be euthanized to limit its population. Finally, on one such meeting, there was real bloodshed and his macho dogs suffered deep punctured wounds. The guy's ego was so badly hurt that he is going to report the strays' location to AVA to get them to round them and put the strays away for good. In his miniscule mind, he thinks he is going the dog community good. A lot of his 'friends' than started to persuade him not to, and that he and his dogs must have invaded the stray's territory. After all, the strays had already warned them by growling and barking from afar. Also, almost everyone said that the strays had seen their own dogs, and had left them alone. So far, both owned-dogs and strays have been existing at the same land peacefully until this macho man came along with his two macho off-leashed dogs.
My opinion?
The guy knew before that the strays are not friendly towards his dog. So why continue to visit the place, furthermore, with your dogs offleashed, especially since you know your own dog can be aggressive. And why only report to AVA now, why not the first time? Ultimately he is seeking revenge for his dogs' wound and his hurt ego. Those talk about servicing the dog community and protecting other dogs from the strays are a load of crap. And I must say, it is stupid to let your domestic dogs fight with the strays. Strays are born in the streets, and they know damn well how to best protect themselves. Some of them may be smaller in size, but their bite is lethal.
Let the strays live in the state land. After all, your dogs have the comfort of a shelter, food and water. The strays don't. It is only right that they protect their own territory, in this case, a state land. Just think, if another strange dog invade your house, wouldn't you kill this dog too? I know I would, and my brother too.. if any strange dog or human stepped into my territory. I can just imagine... my brother and I bite the stranger's legs and balls, and HC used her golf club to hammer this person.. hiak hiak hiak.....

On a side note.. they say macho man have very very small D**K... smaller than mine. Is it true??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

uum.. i did not know all this fight. Luckily I was not there. Poor puppy... hope he can get over this traumatic incident. (When I was puppy, I was bitten many times, so can imagine how this puppy feel...)

hehe, I heard about rats and cats thingy. Human world is interesting! but hoh, I also heard about this rats are so stupid enough to put themselves into deep shit.
Let's see how.(I am getting to understand that how human world works. Interesting.)

R

Anonymous said...

hahaha... I thought I can avenge the lab!!! A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do... hehehe...

Anonymous said...

Rafv got bitten when young? So the psychological theory is true, bullies are often bullied when young. So they grow up to be bullies. :P

Anonymous said...

Oh Poor pup. I was told it is Tara. Hope she gets better and not traumatised.

Joey, tell your M my siblings are available anytime for the rat race (I say race because they are so fat, not sure if they can run that fast). Auntie G, just pay in back in rawhides for the loan of my siblings.

Wow Jaffe so brave. Even if I am there, I will be 'WATCHED' by Auntie Sam or Mummy - means no helping friends or kaypohing or sandwiching around. Just as well, I am not there.