A walk by the reservoir

It was raining very heavily yesterday afternoon, and I thought that I would be stuck at home. However, HC came back earlier than usual and said to us that we are driving to Scuba's place and going for a long walk at Pierce Reservoir!

When we reached there, Uncle C, Rafv, Auntie S, Auntie V and Scuba are all ready and waiting. While we were walking on this narrow pavement beside a main road, we saw two strays nearby. One of them looks like a female cross husky. As usual, Ti-gor Rafv looks on interested. However, Uncle C thinks that the other stray (male, most likely) will not tolerant Rafv's interest towards the other. Anyway, we all knew that pavement is the strays territory (remember my post about the macho man who invade onto stray's territories?). We tried to avoid them, but alas, there is no way we could as the pavement is against a huge wall, and the other side is a 4 lane road. So we have no choice, but as soon as there is no car, we quickly dashed across the street, walk on the central divider until we 'passed' the strays than quickly dashed back to the pavement to avoid becoming minced meat by the passing cars. Well, what an adventure!

When we reached the entrance of Pierce Reservior, we saw plenty of monkeys! Jack and I had absolutely no interest in them and walked on. We can hear some monkeys making funny noises, possibly to warn others of the silly animals on leash. Rafv lunged towards them (luckily Uncle C is holding on to the leash, if not Auntie R will not see Rafv when she gets back from Japan). One of the monkeys panic and climb up a lamp post (hehe), than funny scuba gave a few shrill bark and one of the monkeys almost fell off the tree by his barking! Heehee, Rafv and Scuba really partners in crime.

We continued our walk into the reservoir and took the trail along the water. I was so tempted to run around, and maybe have a go at the gorgeous water. But HC leashed us up as it is the "Park's Rules". However, I did have a 5 min free run and am so happy running around. Scuba also had fun picking up big chunk of wood, almost a metre long. He had a bit of problem balancing the long stick but I can tell he is very happy from behind. Cos I see spring in his steps, and his two DING DONG is ding donging all the way... hahahaha

On the way back, we decided to take a longer route home via Bishan Park. There, HC offleashed me and let me play ball while we walked. It was so fun!
It was even better when the rain started really heavy and we have to take shelter at a bus stop! Poor HC had to take a cab with Uncle C to go fetch their cars to pick us.

All in all, we had an hour's walk. I guess Jack must be real tired. However, I still feel that I didnt get enough playtime, and wants to play ball when we reached home. But HC yelled at me...'I am tired, and I want to watch my DVD in peace, go to bed, NOW!!!!'

Sigh....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heehee. rafv ah.. I know he loves monkey.. I remember we went to see monkies with Uncle Bob at the last time.. Joey, can you help me to tell rafv, mummy is almost die of coldness in Japan... Snowing everyday..

Really miss my house in tropical islands...

Anonymous said...

Lucky I did not go or I would have been caught in the rain. Plus the LONG walk!