Pigs are smarter than dogs?

"That is not possible", I heard the canines shouting at the top of their voice. "Pigs are only good as canned luncheon meat!" .... please insist on MaLing brand if you're gonna have luncheon meat.

For those canines that have not seen a pig (parents banned you from T.V. ah??)
This is how a
cuter one looks like...









And NO.... the above picture is not SCUBA! Scubs may be called a PIG bull terrier, but he is not even though he behaves like one sometimes (always sleeping) This is how Scuba looks...









Why did I say pigs are smarter than dogs?

Well, HC and I were watching a show on SCV's animal planet, and after that she said she wanted to get a pig instead.

In that show, this person has got 2 pigs at home. One of them, the black one weighs 300 pounds! (did I hear right??). The two pigs can do these:

1. Beg - sitting on two hind legs.
Easy.. alot of canines can do that. I know I can't cos you see, my tail was docked too short, and when I am in the beg position, it is painful to have to sit on my short tail. But Jack can do it very well.
Pig - 1 ; Dogs - 1


2. Pigs can play basketball
In that show, the pig took a ball in his mouth and throw it through the mini basketball hoop.
Okayyyy.... I can't do that.
Pig - 2; Dogs - 1

3. Pigs can surf (not internet)
A small piglet can balance himself on the surfboard with the owner behind him. I am quite sure I can do that cos I swim well. But not my fault that I didnt try it cos HC can't even swim to save her own life.
Pig - 2; Dogs - 1

4. Pigs can keep their own toys!!!!
The bloody pig has a toy box with lid. He can open the lid, throw the toys back in and flip the lid close!!!!! What kind of animal is that????
Look, I strived in organised chaos. (Learnt this new term from Auntie S cos she explained that her strength is to be able to live in organised chaos, and she can find her stuff easier when the table is messy. ) Same as Auntie S, I can find my toys very easily when it is all over the place.

HC said - No excuse.... Pig - 3; Dogs - 1

I argued with HC and told her that (some) canines can bark very loud and ferocious which will scare intruders away. Do you think an intruder will be scared by a pig that goes 'oink oink???'
She relented and said that she will not get a pig then. Secretly, I think it is because pigs are too expensive to feed (ask Herbie's mum...).

She then said 'oi.. the other day I saw another show that shows a dog can do BACKWARD FLIP in the air and catch the ball!!! Can you???'

Darn.... maybe I will go chew all the SCV cables. No more animal planet shows!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe. Don't I look like a pretty frighten 'pig' in the water.

Come to think of it, this leads me to remember conversations the human have. Everytime, they decide to have a BBQ, they would say "No worries, if we don't have enough food, we have loads of hot dogs and a suckling pig (hey that is me)". So I hope and pray that the 2 pigs will not turn up on dinner tables as ham, bacon, pork chops). Pampered and well train pigs make juicy and tender food.