Bad Mules

We were surprised to see HC coming home from work earlier than usual, and even more surprised to see her big toe heavily bandaged and she grimacing in pain with every move she made.

I later learnt that she had a fall at her workplace, luckily she grabbed hold of the railings and only landed on her bum. But somehow, her toe nail was partially pulled from the nail bed and blood was oozing out non-stop. HC said it might got something to do with the mules she's wearing (not the donkey, the SHOES).

But anyway.. my concern really is.... "can she still kick a ball for me?"

Sadly, her answer is NO.

Since she is unable to kick a ball for me, I still insisted on playing and she had no choice but to sit on the floor and throw a ball for me to fetch. However, somehow she gets upset with me very easily.
(HC : as usual, Joey HAD to roll the ball under the bed and cupboards, and I had to get up from the floor, walked over to the 'hiding place', bent down and retrieve the blardy ball %$#@&*^ my toe hurts whenever I move)

Anyway... the weather is horrendous here. Usually, I am cool about thunderstorm and all, but today, it was so loud that I jumped. I tried to look HC in the eye hoping she will hug and cuddle me. But she quickly averted her eyes to avoid me and continue doing her stuff. WHY???
(HC : I don't want to hug and cuddle him whenever he is scared cos it only goes to reinforce to him that whatever he is scared of, is really scary. I tried to act as normally and calmly as possible so that he is assured that thunderstorm is just some silly noise)

After a while, I calmed down abit, and decided to check on my treats stock in case the rain never stops or HC's toe cannot heal fast enough to go out to get food for us.














mmmm... there are 6 containers of dried home-made organ treats, 6 packs of roo treats and a pack of venison one. Guess it should be enough to last us for 1 whole month at least. Yhew..


HC also gave me a new toy to play since I can't go out.



















After a while, I got bored and wondered, "when will HC's toe heal and when will the rain stops?"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no. I hope your HC gets well soon. Must be painful to hurt the toes. And Joey you look so different in the 2 pic, 1 is so happy, the other is so sad. hee Well at least you have enough food to last you 1 whole month. :)


~ fufu

Anonymous said...

Oh dear!!! I hope your HC's toe will recover soon. J removed her toenail before and she said that it was very painful.

Joey, your HC needs to rest, and not move about as it will trigger the pain.

Bear with it.. at least your meals are covered. HC may have to starve, you know?

I don't think she has 1 mth's supply of human food in the house, right?

Oh NO!!!!! YOU MAY HAVE TO SHARE YOUR FOOD WITH HER!!!

~Jay

Anonymous said...

oops joey, no more outing at least for few days. mama never kick ball for me, she will just throw it. must "teach" her to kick the ball for me! wow, you have so much food! i'm so envy. i heard mama said she might take me out this weekend so that she can replenish my food!

wet wet licks... for a fast healing toe to HC.

BOo

Anonymous said...

thanks all for your concern towards HC.

Jay, can you ask J whether her toenail re-grow back after removing it? HC is very concerned cos the first thing she told her doc is 'I DONT WANNA REMOVE MY TOE NAIL!!!'

Anonymous said...

Oh no Joey... NOBODY to kick your ball for you??? I hope HC gets better fast, injuries involving nails are especially painful........ You be a good boy ok?

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Anonymous said...

Hi Joey, I asked J already. She said that the toenail SHOULD grow back (if the nail bed is not damaged). So far, 3 of her friends also had to remove their toenails and it grew back.

However, it takes very long to grow and the nail will be very ugly and full of ridges. It will take even longer for the ridges to even out.

Oh.. she also said that the existing nail may already be "dead" since it is dislocated from the nail bed. A new nail should be starting to grown beneath the "dead" nail.

All these is so confusing.. I cannot understand a single word! I hope you can understand... :)

~Jay

Anonymous said...

Jay - sounds confusing. Anyway.. HC is praying hard she doesn't need to remove it surgically.
HC said she won't take our food. She rather let her 'fingers do the walking' by calling KFC's delivery service heheheh

Sunshade : yeah.. I am trying hard to be a good boy now.

Anonymous said...

I don't see your ball in that last picture....

I am asking for you to help me for the month of November!

I have made the NABLOPOMO pledge and have committed to a new blog post every day for the month of November.

Can you guys come visit my blog every day this month and keep me going?

www.foxterrorist.blogspot.com

Just leave a comment and let me know you were there!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... Aunty G's toe injury sounds horrible! Get well soon Aunty G!

Well, if Aunty G recovers before the month is up, I don't mind helping you finish your supply of food. Erm... you need fresher stocks to come in, I'll get rid of the old ones for you....

Anonymous said...

I hope your mommy feels better soon! And did you see what I did to my new pet tortoise recently? Hee.