V-Day

Yesterday was V-Day (aka vaccination day)

The last V-day was about 2.5 years ago cos HC didn't want to vaccinate us every year. There is a school of thought that advocates vaccination every three years, but being a typical 'kia-see' person, she decided on 2.5 years. Actually, to be frank, she didn't think about it until the vet nags at her.

There is another school of thought that advocates NO VACCINATION at all. And you guess right, this view is strongly supported by canines.. hehehe.. especially those like me who hates needles!

Anyway, Jack and I were sitting quietly/nervously for HALF an HOUR in the reception waiting to see the vet. In fact, most people would think we were very well-behaved boys. But to be honest, I think our legs were too weak to move.

Why wait half an hour? cos the vet was late from his dinner break!!! arrrgghhh.....

As usual the vet did the vaccination on Jack first, and the bloody dog didn't even flinched! HC then said to the vet that I am the one who is scaredy cat.. and Jack is the brave one! @#@$_)+@#

The vet then said...'oh..would you feel better if we feed you some biscuits?' .. and I was ecstatic! I had never been offered biscuits in the clinic (I think the vet offered cos he felt bad for making us wait so long).

In exchange for 2 biscuits, I was a good boy and didn't cry out loud when the needle was poked near my bum area.

(HC : I remembered being very embarrassed once, when Joey actually screamed the moment the needle was poked .. and continued screaming until the needle was pulled out. When we came out of the clinic. everyone in the reception were staring. But I do pitied him at that time cos the vet wanted to do a blood test on him, and the blood was drawn from his neck region. And the springe was huge.. about 4 to 5 inches! Guess that is the reason he becomes a scaredy cat when he visits the vet, even if only to accompany Jack on his monthly jab)

Before we left, the vet told the nurse to give us more biscuits cos we 'are not overweight, and definitely can afford to eat more.'..... yay!!!!

After that we went to the park for some ball games. Actually, the vet said previously that we will probably be 'off-colour' and to let us rest. But on the last V-Day, we went to Sentosa and I swam for an hour even! Off-colour? nah... not us...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaaa! Scared little cat! keke. I can imagine Joey's big round cutie eyes are filled with water :)

Me, actually like to go vet.(got oppotunity to meet new dogs) and in my record, I stitched a punctured hole in my arm without anesthesia! (Mum refused to put me at vet for a day! that will make me cry aloud..)

See, joey. I am still alive. No big worries next time, k?

R

Anonymous said...

You mean they give out biscuits at the vet?!! I went there and no one offered me any!

Anonymous said...

wat is the meaning of a dog being off-colour?? :|

Anonymous said...

About vaccination, me and Cookie have also stopped going to the vet for annual vaccination! Hurray!

Anonymous said...

off colour meaning "to be not quite at one's best, to feel queasy or slightly ill."