The monkey on the mango tree

The mango tree outside my house is in season, and the yummy smell makes us salivate all day. I was hoping to find some along the pavement, but alas, the ones I saw were eaten up. I was really puzzled as I don't think the animals in my estate especially the irritating roosters were that smart to peel off the mango skin so nicely.

I just found out that there is a monkey staying in the small forested area outside my block! HC saw him twice strolling along the pavement. This monkey is very mischievious! A few times when HC was walking us to the car, a mango seed (left with skin hanging) would dropped from the trees, nearly missing us. Another time, HC saw from our window that this monkey also threw a seed near to a Indian guy. She was amused to see this guy quickly walking away with his hand protecting his head! I'll bet the cheeky monkey kept the seed with him until someone passes by to drop it near their head.

Do you guys think I can negotiate a deal/barter trade with the monkey? Say, Jack the old man in exchange for some mangos?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joey.. My Mama LOVES eating bananas and she has a constant supply of it (you can verify this with Scuba's Mum). Maybe you can get some bananas from her and barter trade it with that monkey.. share the mangoes with me ok??

Anonymous said...

Ermm.. I love bananas too.. just ask Auntie V. I seriously wanna trade Jack - cos he does nothing but eat, sleep, shit and growl.

Anonymous said...

monkey? never see monkey in my life!! is it forever there?? gosh gosh gosh.. MONKEY!

Anonymous said...

Ice... you're really 'sua-gu'. There are plenty at Mac/Seletar reserviors!

Anonymous said...

sua gu? is it something to eat? i wonder how the monkey will react if i point at it?