MOM, is that YOU???

I was surfing the net, when I came across this picture...





















For a brief moment, I thought.."could that be MOM??"

As I read further, I realised that the dog in the picture was a Maltese and she is from US. hehe.. thank god. But I reminded myself that my parentage is unknown, and for all you know, my mom and dad could be in some awful commercial kennel made to breed over and over again!

You can read more about Hope's story here

HC have heard from some humans that it is okay to breed cos they love their dogs, they will take good care of the offsprings, and their dogs ASKED to mate! Yeah right.... guess what really happens when their dog give birth to a litter? The humans will probably keep none or one, citing reasons that their house too small, no money to feed so many dogs, and no time. In the end, the puppies were sold, and possibly ended up being neglected by some owners once they outgrew the puppyhood.

Beside dogs, other animals were bred for silly reasons. Remember Herbie's post about the four abandoned rabbits? In the end, one died, two rehomed, one other female gave birth to a litter of rabbits. Out of the litter of rabbits, only one survived. Not only that, mummy rabbit died too a couple of days later.

Enough said....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

despite all said, there are still people buying from petshops.. even those so called ENLIGHTENED ones. sadly...