Raw Food Diet

As some of you may know, we are on BARF diet for more than three years. Despite some disadvantages - such as chipped tooth, I still think it is a great diet. Why??
For one, Jack's skin condition has improved tremendously. When HC first adopted him, she had to bring him to the vet almost every month to have a steriod shot to stop him from scratching. Once, it got so bad, that he accidentally scratch his cornea, which requires an emergency surgery. His inner eyelid were in fact stitched together to allow cornea to heal (I think... can't remember the specifics cos it is so long ago). All I remember was that he was partially blind for almost two weeks. Anyways, now he no longer need steriods (steriod known to shorten life span of dogs). In fact, he hardly ever has allergic reactions. A lot of people who has known him in the past were surprised by his overall improved skin and muscle tone. His godma even said that Jack looks like a 'puppy' now.

As for me, I have no major health problems, has good skin (except for rashes which is due to the wet grass), good clean teeth (except for one tooth less.... hehe), and is still very active at almost 5 years of age. In fact, I have more energy than a lot of dogs younger than me.

Recently, HC happened to see some old friends. One of them commented that his dog - a beagle had a persistent ear infection. After BARF, the ear infection cleared up. Another one, a JRT reported better skin and more active. Except she has lost too much weight and owner is now increasing food intake to balance it.

So for those who are still on kibbles, please consider giving fresh food to your dog either raw or cooked. With kibbles, you never know what goes in the manufacturing process. And kibbles have a long shelf life.... so what do you think was added to preserve the so-called freshness?

Oops.. there goes my chance to endorse some pet food! Maybe I can endorse some toys instead? Anyone?????


I can swim faster than a HUSKY!!!! hehe




















Exercise cum good diet keeps me healthy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

is there really such things as allergy to grass? wat are the symptoms? i prefer HCF anytime to BARF. dun feel safe hearing the crack crack sounds of them chewing the bones..

Anonymous said...

Yes... my belly, legs and paws got rashes all over & itch like mad.
Now HC giving us softer bones like Chicken. The other meats will be deboned but supplemented with calcium.

Anonymous said...

u poor thing! get allergy from grass! mama found a nice new offleash area already and its full of grass. i wun reccomend to u then... hee hee hee. i will keep the place private...

chicken? i love steamed chicken. cant eat RAW. i will fart real bad and my brother will diarrheoa so badly that he tries to jump out of the house.. :( no doubt it taste nice.

Anonymous said...

Ice.. tell me! tell me where the offleash place is. I only get allergic if grass wet la.. and I usually wear tee-shirt...
please......hehe

Anonymous said...

mum said cannot tell... if say already, it will no longer be our private dog run... and mum worries that there will be people bringing unreasonable dogs there... u got dogmail address? i dogmail u.

Anonymous said...

twojrts@hotmail.com
I am not unreasonable dog hehe...

Anonymous said...

u got receive my dogmail?

Anonymous said...

Yup thanks... hotmail sent it to JUNK automatically. Luckily I saw it and add yr dogmail into SAFE list hehe...
thanks again