Pre-surgery Jitters

Ya.. I am feeling it now..

Last evening, HC was brushing and checking our teeth when she realised that my right largest pre-molar was split into two! She was so upset as she knew that surgical removal of the tooth is inevitable. She said that Jack had the same problem on the right largest pre-molar as well last year, but it was chipped 'nicely' and does not require surgery. But mine is different cos it is split!

Today, she brought us to the vet. True enough, the vet said I had to go through the surgery, otherwise, it may lead to infection... abscess... blah blah blah... I couldn't absorb all the technical terms as all I could think of was... SURGERY... GA... SURGERY....

Tomorrow will be a tough day for me. I had to go without food in the morning, and will be sent to the vet at 9a.m. And god knows what time will the surgery be.. I think I will shiver with fear the entire time alone at the vet...

Now, HC is having a tough time deciding how she should feed us in future. As you know, both of us are on raw food & bones, and she didn't want us to spoil our other good pre-molars... HOW???? NO BONES in future??? oh no.....

Can I bring Bunny along for the surgery??
















Oh.... evil Herbie's M actually called me 'bo-gay' (toothless) when she bade us good-bye just now. #$%^#@@@*&

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

get well soon joey! remember, if u need help chewing, just let me know!

Anonymous said...

joey get well soon. ouch it must be painful with a split tooth. i know my slave screamed at me when i jumped on her and knocked her mouth when she had a toothache during cny.. u get well soon!! dun be scared ok?
ice's slave:
hmm maybe u want to consider feeding them home cooked food instead? and supplement with calcium?

Anonymous said...

Actually I don't feel it painful with the split tooth. If I had my way, I rather have the split tooth than be called bo-gay. We dogs have good pain tolerance!
HC is now thinking of feeding raw meat with calcium supplement - now reading on Pat McKay's articles.

Anonymous said...

Hey Joey, I came to this post from your dental post. I'm just wondering if it was one of those big knuckle bones or marrow bones that split your molar?? I know your mum is a little concerned about your dental health, but I think if you go with the softer bones such as chicken backs and necks, you will not be risking splitting your teeth and your teeth will be cleaned. We used to babysit a chihuahua and am now rehabbing a chihuahua, and they both get one whole chicken back a day. Just a thought.

My vet was trained by Pat McKay, and she used to recommend his "Calcium Plus" supplement on days that I get red meat only. So mum gave that to me until for some reason we weren't able to get shipments into Canada anymore. So now on my red meat days, mum just balances out the calcium and phosphorous online, and add plain calcium carbonate suppliment.

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade