Surgery

I am ALIVE!

This morning I was given two doses of rescue remedy to soothe my nervousness before the trip to the vet. Along the way, I kept telling myself I had to be brave. But when the nurse led me to the treatment room by the leash, I started to panic. I held on to the ground with all my mighty strength (some humans have seen how strong I can be despite my small size when they played tug with me). I heard some humans sniggering in the reception area when I was practically dragged against my wishes. As I held on despite the embarrassment, I shaked my head so that the collar came loose. Immediately, I ran back to HC thinking that she might save me. Alas, instead of bringing me home, she told the nurse, "you better carry him. It will be easier on you."

(HC : When the nurse was carrying Joey to the room, I can see his pupils dilated, and looked panicky... hehe... I was trying hard not to say the words - "Bye, see you". I think he will freaked out if he hear these words)

After a long long wait (about 2-3 hours) the vet is finally able to do the operation on me. I was so nervous as the metal table was cold and hard. I think there were some humans holding me down when the vet injected me with something. Ouch... but after a while, my eyes felt heavy....

When I woke, there is a funny sensation in my mouth, and I felt really really groggy and drifted in and out of consciousness. I realised I was in a crate.. oh boy.. I haven't been in one after I reached about 7 months of age.

By mid afternoon, the nurse came over and carried me out. I was again panicky as I thought I was about to undergo another surgery. But when the door opens, I was so ecstatic to see HC. I licked her all the way, even on the drive home.

When I reached home, instead of being happy to see me, Jack growled at me and sniffed me from top to toe for a full minute. He only stopped when HC warned him to be nice to me... HUMPH....

I am still feeling a bit groggy, and hungry. HC made a very delicious porridge consisting of lamb, chicken, vegetables and egg. Yummy.... but she only fed me a little whereas Jack got a full bowl. Look, whose the one who had suffered earlier?? ME!!

After that, HC brought me to the park for a short while since I looked quite active. But I was so angry cos when the other aunties and uncles saw me.. they laughed and called me "bo-gay". Uncle M even said I barked differently cos there is 'wind' going through my teeth. @##$@$#!

I am groggy and hungry now.... sigh.... when will my next meal be?

Oh shit.. I just saw myself in the mirror! There is a huge gap that is swollen and bloodied in between my used-to-be perfect teeth.

Perfect teeth no more...

No comments: